- Must comply with company mission, vision and values.
- Must work on job site with no drug/alcohol in system
- Needs to know all of company policies and enforce them as needed
- Hours on job may vary
- Needs to be able to read and follow blue prints
- Needs to lead by example, have good communication skills, quick problem solving and conflict resolution abilities, will have the ability to motivate without cursing and demeaning
- Responsible for quality control of the job site
- Responsible for safety issues of the job site
- Responsible for layout of work
- Responsible for the cleanness of the job along with trucks and equipment
- Responsible for overseeing the care of equipment, trucks and trailers
- Responsible for making sure job materials are delivered in a timely manner where they will not hinder production
- Will need to be able to work with job superintendents, engineers, architects and homeowners in a professional and courteous manner at all times
- Responsible for all job-related paperwork
- Must be well versed and knowledgeable in all the areas of operation
- Responsible that employee’s and vehicles go efficiently and safely from job site to job site
- Ability to inspect machinery and perform basic maintenance, such as checking oil levels, gas/oil mix and lubricating parts as needed
- Machine Operator is not above any job description, they do lead by example
- Any other miscellaneous task/duties as assigned
- The Machine Operator moves levers, depress foot pedals, and turns dials to operate power machinery such as power shovels, stripping-shoves, scraper loaders, and backhoes.
- The Machine Operator sets up and inspects equipment prior to operation.
- The Machine Operator observes hand signals, grade stakes, and other markings when operating machines so that work can be performed to specifications.
- Machine Operator becomes familiar with the efficient and safe digging procedures in a given applications.
- Accurately fill out timecards daily
Apply for this job